Monday 5 August 2013

Lately, I've been slightly obsessed with the new Netflix show 'Orange is the New Black' and by obsessed I mean, I finished watching all 13, 51 minute episodes in the span of 3 days - it's ridiculous, if anything.

But no, seriously, It is so clever and funny. The plot is based on a true story and is about the main protagonist - Piper Chapman -'s journey as she's sentenced to jail, years after her involvement in the drug industry, because someone snitched her in. She is engaged to Larry and so her time in jail doesn't only challenge her physically but emotionally as well seeing as her ex-girlfriend aka the pimp of the drug ring aka 60% of the reason why she's in jail is in the same jail as her.


In a way it seems like a wack version of mean girls but mainly because there are different social cliques (or ethnic cliques).

Also, can I just point out that I ordered an iPad mini case last night off ebay and unintentionally ordered an orange case for my black iPad mini not realising the subtle reference to the show. My mind has clearly been brainwashed with 'Orange is the New Black' thoughts.

Chocolate and vanilla. Swirrrl, swirrl.

- Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment